In every household, germs tend to be more prominent in the kitchen. They can initiate a number of diseases including the flu and common cold, which means intense cleaning of your kitchen can protect the health of all those who live in your house. That’s why you should seriously consider these 11 great hacks that help you achieve a cleaner kitchen and better health.
1. Clean greasy stove vents
Vents above your stove hold a lot of dirt and grease. You can clean them once a week using the following steps:
- Remove the vents
- Bring water to a boil in a large stainless steel pot
- Slowly add a quarter cup of baking soda to the boiling hot water
- Carefully place the vents in the boiling mixture for about 60 minutes
Afterwards, your vents will seem brand new.
2. Cleaning kitchen tiles
The spaces in between each tile tend to hold a lot of dirt. To clean them:
- Sprinkle baking soda on the dirty tiles
- Fill a spray bottle with cleaning vinegar or a quarter cup of bleach
- Spray the contents of the bottle over the tiles and allow it to fizzle for a little while
- Use a brush to scrub the dirty spaces
- Clean off the tiles immediately using water and cleaning detergent